Information for journalists
We aim to ensure you have optimum conditions for your work at the Hamburg Trade Fair. During events you can get accreditation at the Press Counter, Central Entrance, Messeplatz 1, right next to the Television Tower, or you can get accreditation online in advance.
Accreditation is exclusively for purposes of journalist reporting.
Further details on accrediation are available on the websites of the respective events.
The following are eligible for accreditation:
- Journalists who can present a valid, officially recognised press card from a Journalists’ Association in Germany or abroad.
- The holders of press cards of Specialist Journalists’ Associations thematically related to the fair.
- Journalists and press photographers from Germany and abroad
- who can provide evidence of editorial articles published under their own name (not more than six months old); or
- who can present a publication (not more than six months old) where the publication data shows that they work as editors or photo editors, permanent editorial staff, or writers; or
- who can present the original of an current editorial assignment related to the respective trade fair.
- Members of Internet editorial departments who can prove that they are members of the permanent editorial staff, or belong to publishing houses or their online publications which are established as information media in the respective trade fair community. The application for accreditation should be accompanied by a publication (not more than three months old).
- Representatives of youth publications, on presentation of a press card or current publications (not more than six months old).
The following are not eligible for accreditation:
- People with no identification as a journalist.
- People who write exclusively a blog.
- Germans with their normal place of residence in Germany who present a foreign press card, e.g. Fleet Street London, Universal Press (USA), etc.
- People with the company identification cards of radio stations, news agencies or publishing house without a current assignment from the editorial office.
- People who are shown by the publishing data not to belong to the editorial staff, e.g. marketing or advertising managers, publication management, publicity department. business management.
- People whose press card has expired.
- People for whom other freelance journalists have written the confirmation of editorial status.
- Spouses, partners or relatives of journalists, who cannot demonstrate that they are working as journalists themselves.
HMC also reserves the right to make further examination of evidence of journalist activity, even where a valid press card is presented. The proof presented should be in German or English. HMC reserves the right in individual cases to require in addition the presentation of a valid personal document with a photo. There is no entitlement to accreditation. HMC has the right to make use of its powers as the owner of the premises.
As an accredited journalist you can make use of the facilities at the Press Center (Central Entrance, Messeplatz 1, directly next to the Television Tower), such as PC workstations, telephones and photocopiers. Product information from exhibitors is also available there. You can make use of our photo service – further information on that can be obtained at the Press Counter.
Lockers are available for your personal effects. They can be locked on insertion of a one-euro piece, which is returnable on opening; however, please note that HMC undertakes no liability for such effects and that no insurance cover is provided.
If you come by car, you can drive into the underground garage of CCH - Congress Center Hamburg, close to the Fair site. You will receive an exit pass after accreditation at the Press Center.
We look forward to seeing you there.
Your Press Department, Hamburg Messe und Congress GmbH